Roots - Veera Swamy Arwapally

Though I grew stretching
my large hands of branches.

Though I stood straight with my strong body of the trunk and feel pride that "all the world's mine"...

Though I flashed out myself into the multi colours with my beautiful face of the delicate petals...

Though I wandered all the corners of the world watching with my eyes of leaves...

I am conscious of that...
Roots must be always in the soil for (not only) support (but also) and stuff...
The roots in the earth keep on saying to me...
If you lose your footing, you will lose everything.


                             
    Translation : Veera Swamy Arwapally



మాతృక

మట్టివేళ్ళు - కట్టా శ్రీనివాసరావు


విశాల శాఖా బాహువులను
చాపుకుంటూ ఆకాశంలోకి ఎదిగినా.

సుధృఢ కాండపు దేహాన్ని నిటారుగా నిలిపి
ప్రపంచమే నాదన్నట్లు గర్వంగా వొదిగినా.

సుకుమార ఆకర్షణ పత్రాల ముఖంతో
వినువీధిన రంగులలో వెలిగినా.

పత్రనేత్రాల పరిశీలనలతో ప్రపంచపు
నలుదిశలూ పరికిస్తూ మెదిలినా,


నాకో గమనింపువుంది
వేళ్ళెప్పుడూ నేలలోనే వుండాలని.
ఆధారమేకాదు, ఆహారమూ అక్కడిదేనని.
నేలవిడిచిన సాముకి
నిలకడేమీ మిగలదని.
మట్టివేళ్ళు నాకెపుడూ చెబుతూనే వుంటాయి.



కామెంట్‌లు